07 from October to 16 2019
The Master for Event Manager trains future professionals in the sector, providing them with theoretical and practical skills to manage an event from its conception to development, from accounting aspects to its conclusion, in compliance with procedures, protocols, required procedures, but also estimated time and costs, providing a high quality service.
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME AN EVENT ORGANIZER? Become a Professional Event Organizer with the Master for Event Manager. Follow the path of professional training organized by Professional Institutes to learn how to manage the planning and organization of congress events tailored to the needs of the client. Boost your organizational and team management skills and start a successful career that will take you to travel and interact with professionals and reception facilities throughout Italy and abroad.
The organizer of events: who he is and what he does
Expert connoisseur of the communication industry and the congress world, the event manager provides innovative and calibrated solutions for every type of event. In general, the figure of the event manager takes care of every aspect, from the planning and management of an event, to the coordination of the personnel involved, up to the evaluation of the results. It establishes relationships with the clients of congresses, following them up to the closing of the event, interpreting their needs, managing the spending budget, defining the program of the event, establishing the timing and taking care to respect them, contacting sponsors, speakers, guests, select the personnel who will be employed in the congress, supervises and organizes all the collateral services (transport, catering, bars, agreements with structures, etc.), deals with the reporting. Specifically, the Destination Event Manager knows the territory of the event, with the aim of highlighting the peculiarities of the event and promoting it to increase its visibility or realize thematic events from Cultural, Festival and those related to tourism food and wine.
The Event Manager is located within the agencies that deal with the organization of events and congresses, organizations and offices that deal with the organization of fairs, the DMC - Destination Management Company or agencies that deal with the organization of logistics services to support an event in a given territory, the Convention Bureau, marketing and advertising agencies. His professionalism is also required in terms of external consultancy from companies and event promotion bodies; in addition, the event manager can be called to play the role of congress and meeting planner within incoming agencies and companies not only in the tourism sector. The possibilities of professional integration of the event manager conceived in this way are many and concern both the hotel sector and that of event agencies, multinational companies and companies specialized in organizing congresses.
The objectives of the Master for Event Manager
The Master provides a training oriented purely to the tourism sector, while ensuring a basic training that can be spent in general in the vast world of events. The training project includes an excursus on the organizational and communication part applicable to any type of event, with an emphasis on how to carry out the events dedicated to the development of tourist locations.
request information now!
Check out some pictures from the classroom
"According to the most recent statistical surveys concerning the most requested professions, the professional event organizer is at the top of the list, finally making its way into the professions concerning the cultural, entertainment, congress and sport sectors"
The training project
- Admission and selection procedures
- Beginning of the course, AA in progress, according to the scheduled dates
- Study of the introductory teaching material, to prepare for the full immersion classroom phase
- English form
- Occupational safety course (low risk)
- Achieved certificate of the work safety form (Low Risk)
- Theoretical lectures and practical exercises in full immersion in the classroom, distributed in 9 days (for a total of 72 hours). During this phase the student will be able to recreate in the classroom the real operations typical of this profession.
- Professional orientation meeting - Video-CV realization
- Achieved private certificate of attendance to the course issued by our Institute
- Project Work: Project Work Activation - Intermediate Development and Evaluation - Project Work Delivery - Teacher Evaluation
- Achieved certificate of project work
- Minimum 100 hours of practical work experience in the region of residence, an important experience for those who want to put into practice the skills acquired during the training. Testing yourself in the world of work is a fundamental training experience.
- Completion of a private internship certificate issued by the host company
- Reworking, updating and dissemination of CVs in companies in the sector.
Topics covered during the introductory phase
- The evolution of the tourism phenomenon and the national and international congress market;
- Overview of the organization of the event and the figure of the Event Manager;
- Hints on the different types of events and the study of the territory, the budget, the location, the fittings, the facilities, the program, the operational plan, the catering;
- Module of English and safety at work.
The Master's program
- Admission and selection procedures
- Introduction to the PCO profession
- Experience and PCO: requirements and peculiarities
- The management of contingencies
- The organizational phases of an event
- Brief and Concept in practice
- Planning: holistic management of the event
- The organization (impeccable)
- Knowing how to identify the ideal location
- Site inspection: dos and donts
- Professional set-up
- Leisure-Plesure activities
- The determining role of the Communication
- The income statement and administrative management
- The pre-event phase
- The event and the debrief and follow-up phase
- Final activity and presentation of works
- The communication of events: the graphic material, the posters and the printed matter, the press office
- Advertising and social networks in the field of events: how to communicate an event, how to promote it, how to share it
- Web initiatives, contests and campaigns; brand reputation; e-mail marketing
- Definition of the creative concept: brochures, conventional communication
- Debriefing, upselling and accomodation
EVENTS RELATED TO TOURISM
- Destination Wedding
- Cultural Events
- Events aimed at promoting and developing a tourist destination
- Commercial tourism and events / festivals
- Food and wine events